Rachel's Blog

Rachel's Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PRAYER! What is it good for? Absolutley.....

EVERYTHING!

Why pray? Doesn't God know everything? Doesn't God already have a plan? Why pray? It doesn't change anything. These questions can go on and on, but there are also answers that go on and on. Now I in no way claim to have all of them, but I will share some thoughts and scriptures that I found to answer that very common question. WHY PRAY??

First it's a command to pray and if you are a follower of Christ (saved) you should take that SERIOUSLY.  1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing". Short and sweet. Do it.
Second, Jesus prayed. If Jesus prayed, I don't believe we are above it. 
Mark 1:35 "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed". 
Third you get to talk to God. When He sacrificed His Son on the cross, Christ became our "Preist". We do not need someone else to go to God for us anymore, like in Old Testament days, because of Christ we can talk to Him through prayer, directly. Hebrews 4:14-16 "Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Fourth, He can help you.  Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Again, HE CAN HELP YOU, with ANYTHING. Matthew 19:26 "But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible.” Jeremiah 32:27 ""I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"
Fifthly and my last point, is this parable Jesus tells in Luke, it's my favortie. It answers: Why pray?
Luke 18:1-8 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’ “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’” And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly..." 

When you are a child of God He listens to your prayers, and He will answer them. 
~RB~

No comments:

Post a Comment